Malla Reddy College of Engineering has promoted powerful Research and Development (R & D) activities with a vision and mission to pursue and promote Research in Frontier Technologies. In order to strengthen and expand the research activities in the institute, R&D cell was established and is functioning in our Institution from last seventeen years. It is acting as the vital role for all Research related activities.
R&D Cell which aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities. It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly evolving frontier areas including multidisciplinary fields.
1. To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the faculty and students and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every Department in the college.
2. Identification of thrust areas of research in each Department.
3. To create atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering Ph.D’s.
4. To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their specialization.
5. To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers in National and reputed International Conferences/ Journals.
6. To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP/STTPs from various government and non-government funding agencies.
7. To make professional body membership in various professional body societies like Computer Society of India (CSI), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) and The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for both students and faculty members.
8. To reduce the academic gap, regularly conducting various programs (with the support of industry and academic experts) like Seminars, Workshops, Guest lectures, Technical Talk, Expert Talk, Alumni Talk, Motivational Talk, Project expo, National level and International level conferences in association with professional body societies for the students.
9. Consistently motivate, direct and support our students to participate various competitions and programs like Coding contest, Hackathons, Codestrike, CodeX, Technical quiz, AICTE-Vishwakarma Awards, ISTE Students projects awards, CSI service awards, CSI Excellence awards, CSI YITP award, CSI Academic awards etc.
10. To create an environment for acquiring new knowledge through innovation, develop an attitude of prudent Intellectual property (IP) management practices and promote an IPR culture compatible with the educational mission of our institute.
11. To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development programs like FDPs and STTPs activities regularly.
1. One of the important criteria to judge the performance of research output of the institution is to obtain recognition by reputed Government/Autonomous sponsoring agencies towards generation of funds to conduct quality research. The institute has received a number of research grants from various recognised agencies like, AICTE, DST.
2. The institution has a research and development committee i.e. Dynamic RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CELL facilitates and monitors research activities constantly.